Discover Nadi - Sleeping Giant to Bustling Market
Fiji has diverse and effluent cultures and Nadi displays this unique blend in the South Pacific proudly. Discover the Garden of the Sleeping Giant, the chiefly village of Viseisei, one of the largest Hindu temples in the South Pacific and the colourful sights and sounds of the local market.
- Pick up at the scheduled time.
- Heading north from Nadi, you will travel to the Garden of the Sleeping Giant at Sabeto. The gardens sit at the base of the Sabeto mountain range which seen from afar, depicts the shape of a sleeping giant.
- Visit the seaside village of Viseisei, the legendry landing spot of the first Fijians. Located in the middle of the village is a traditional bure which houses the chief who also happens to be the president of Fiji.
- Head back to Nadi to visit the colourful Hindu temple located at the edge of Nadi town.
- A short trip will take you to the Nadi market. Ask the market vendors if you would to get a better understanding of the local food. There is always a buzz with everyone looking for the best price on vegetables, fresh fruits, kava, root crops and fish.
- Drop off at hotel.
When visiting a Fijian village there are protocols to observe. Your guide will advise you in advance of these specific cultural protocols please be respectful and mindful of these as you enter the village. Please ensure you bring clothing that covers your shoulders for the village visit.
What To Bring
Sun, hat, sun block, insect repellent, camera and small amount of cash for optional purchases are recommended. Additionally you may want to take swimwear, towel and a change of clothes.
- Great Sights Fiji is not responsible for the disruption of tours due to bad or unusual weather conditions and compensation is not payable if weather conditions force cancellation or amendment to the tour.
- Claims for refunds must be submitted in writing, but no later than 30 days after the date of tour departure.
- Travel Insurance is recommended for all passengers.
Children aged between 5 to 12 years receive 50% off regular adult price.
Children under the age of 5 years are free of charge. Please make note of your child age upon booking so the correct child seat can be arranged for the tour.
- confirmed bookings will incur a charge per person per booking.
- no refund will be given for no shows or unutilised tours.
- in addition to the above charges being levied, Fiji Hotel Link charges a handling fee of 10% of the value of the booking with a minimum charge of FJD 20 and a maximum of FJD 50.