Discover Navala - Last true traditional Fiji village
Located up in the highlands of Viti Levu is the quaint village of Navala, the last village in Fiji where traditionally built homes are still retained. The picturesque village is nestled beside the winding Ba River with a rugged mountainous range backdrop.
Fiji is an archipelago of 330 islands with less than half being permanently inhabited by a blend of races. Navala village gives you a glimpse of what the Fiji Islands would look like when the natives were the only inhabitants. It is a trip to the past with over 150 simple bures (huts) built traditionally from bamboo, reeds and hardwood beams blending in perfectly with the natural surroundings.
- Your driver/guide shall pick you up in a modern 4WD at the scheduled pick up time.
- Heading north from Nadi, you will travel through the sugar city of Lautoka, where the largest sugar in Fiji is located and to the town of Ba. You will have time to visit the market and experience the bustle of this rural centre.
- From Ba, you will travel inland and climb into the hills. There will be a brief stop along the way for a breathtaking view of the surrounding mountains and the township of Ba.
- On arrival at Nalava village, the guide shall perform the customary ‘Sevusevu’ or Kava ceremony welcoming visitors to the village.
- You will have the opportunity to tour the village and mingle with the children at the village school (weekdays only).
- Lunch is the chance to try authentic Fijian cuisine
- After lunch, for those with the energy, there is access to swimming and horse riding at an additional fee or relax and enjoy the legends of Navala and its people.
When visiting a Fijian village there are protocols to observe. Your guide will advise you in advance of these specific cultural protocols please be respectful and mindful of these as you enter the village. Please ensure you bring clothing that covers your shoulders for the village visit.
What To Bring
Sun, hat, sun block, insect repellent, camera and small amount of cash for optional purchases are recommended. Additionally you may want to take swimwear, towel and a change of clothes.
- Great Sights Fiji is not responsible for the disruption of tours due to bad or unusual weather conditions and compensation is not payable if weather conditions force cancellation or amendment to the tour.
- Claims for refunds must be submitted in writing, but no later than 30 days after the date of tour departure.
- Travel Insurance is recommended for all passengers.
Children aged between 5 to 12 years receive 50% off regular adult price.
Children under the age of 5 years are free of charge. Please make note of your child age upon booking so the correct child seat can be arranged for the tour.
The cancellation policy is as follows;
- confirmed bookings will incur a charge per person per booking.
- no refund will be given for no shows or unutilised tours.
- In addition to the above charges being levied by the Discover Navala operator - Great Sights, Fiji Hotel Link charges a handling fee of 10% of the value of the booking with a minimum charge of FJD 20 and a maximum of FJD 50.
Book for more than 20 people, contact us directly
Courtesy pick up provided from Denarau and Nadi Hotels. Let us know which hotel/resort you will be staying at and we will advise your pick up time.