Rivers Fiji - Luva River Kayaking
The Luva river adventure offers a unique Fijian experience. The one-day trip begins with an overland journey into the Namosi highlands, which takes you through the island's mountainous rainforest interior.
The itinerary for the trip is as follow:
Departure - 8 am
From Rivers Fiji Office in Pacific Harbour, it is about 17 miles or 27 km to the kayak spot.
Snacks will be served late morning.
Arrival at kayaking spot - 11 am
Upon arriving, just outside the village of Nakavika, the boats will be launched once the safety and paddle lessons are completed. The journey is 4 to 6 miles or 6.4 to 9.6 km long.
Lunch - 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm
A deli-style lunch will be served.
Longboat transfer - 3 pm to 4 pm
It is 14 miles or 23 km from Namuamoa to Nakavu.
Snacks are likely to be served during the motorized longboat ride.
Take-out - 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm
A visit to Nakavu village is organized.
Return - 4 pm to 5 pm
Participants are dropped at the Rivers Fiji office.
Listed below are some of the guidelines to be followed for the trip.
What to bring: River shoes, hat, sunscreen, shorts, water and a fresh set of clothes.
Storage: You may leave your extra clothes and valuables on the coach, which will be locked and watched over by the driver. The same coach is used for the return trip.
Camera/Video: The 'luva' is a river canyon of beauty and worthy of photographic pursuit. However, due to the nature of river trips, it is likely that anything you bring on this journey could get wet or lost.
Special considerations: Kindly remember to bring any special medications you might require. It is also important to let the trip leader know if you have any special medical considerations before setting out on this journey.
Explorer etiquette: In order to ensure that each passenger experiences the same beauty and delightfulness of the river canyon, all trips practice a "leave no trace" environmental and social ethic. Modest clothing is expected when entering villages.
- the minimum age limit is 8 years.
- the child rate applies to children between 8 to 11 years
- children between 8 to 17 years of age must be accompanied by 1 full-paying adult.
- the ratio must be 1 child to 1 full-paying adult passenger.
- a cancellation fee will be incurred for cancellations made more than 24 hours prior to the trip's departure.
- cancellation made within 24 hours prior to the trip's departure will incur the full cancellation fee.
- no show will incur the full cancellation fee.
- in addition to the charges levied by Rivers Fiji - Beqa Island Sea Kayak operator, Fiji Hotel Link will charge a handling fee of 10% of the value of the booking with a minimum charge of $20 and a maximum of $50.
Book for more than 20 people, contact us directly
Return transfers for guests staying at hotels/resorts in Nadi, Coral Coast and Suva is provided.
Costs listed are roundtrip, per person fares. Pick up times vary by location.
Pick up from Coral Coast & Suva hotels = F$50.00 per person
Pick up from Nadi area = F$60.00 per person
Pick up from Beyond Nadi area = F$70.00 per person