Nalesutale Highland Full Day Tour
Visit the village of Nalesutale on the outskirts of Nadi and trek through the rainforest to the waterfall.
On this tour, you will be picked from your hotel and driven up to the mountains knows as the Garden of the Sleeping Giant. On your way to the garden, you will pass through cane fields & valleys. Nestled at the foot of these mountains lies the ancestral village know as Nalesutale which was the first Christian village converted from cannabalism alomost 200 years ago.
Upon reaching the village of Nalesutale, you will join the chief and his people in a traditional kava ceremony which takes place in a traditional fijian house known as a bure. Furthermore, you will be given an opportunity to mingle with the chief and also take photos with the villagers.
Once the ceremony has completed, you will be then taken onto a guided trek through the rainforest to see the ancestral cave, learn about traditional medicine & swim in the cool cascading waterfalls.
Lunch can either be seved at the waterfalls or at the village. Lunch consists of BBQ fish, sausages with a side dish of rou-rou (spinnach), fresh local vegetables, fruits & local juices.
Tour locations are totally up to you to choose after lunch.
What to bring:
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Spare change of clothes
- Mosquito repellent
- Your Bula Spirit!
- The child rate applies to children between 6 to 12 years of age
- 2 children under 6 years of age can go on the Abaca dull day tour free of charge.
- cancellations made 72 to 49 hrs prior to departure will incur a cancellation fee equivalent to 25% of the total booking.
- cancellations made 48 to 25 hrs prior to departure will incur a cancellation fee equivalent to 50% of the total booking.
- cancellations made 24 hrs or less prior to departure will incur a cancellation fee equivalent to 100% of the total booking.
- in addition to the charges by Viti Eco Tour, Fiji Hotel Link will charge a handling fee of 10% of the value of the booking with a minimum charge of $20 and a maximum of $50.
Book for more than 2 people, contact us directly
Pick-up and drop-off from/to Nadi hotels and Denarau resorts is also included.